Its Worth The Read....
Ben was in the airport VIP lounge en route to Seattle a couple
of weeks ago.
While in there, he noticed Bill Gates sitting comfortably in the
corner, enjoying a drink. Ben was meeting a very important client who was also
flying to Seattle, but she was running a little bit late.
Well, being a straightforward kind of guy, Ben approached the
Microsoft chairman, introduced himself, and said, “Mr. Gates, I wonder if you
would do me a favor.”
“Yes?”
“I’m sitting right over there, “pointing to his seat at the bar,
“and I’m waiting for a very important client. Would you be so kind when she
arrives as to come walk by and just say “Hi Tom?”
“Sure.”
Ben shook his hand and thanked him and went back to his seat.
About ten minutes later, his client showed up. They ordered a drink and started
to talk business. A couple of minutes later, Ben felt a tap on his shoulder. It
was Bill Gates.
“Hi, Tom, “he said.
.
.
.
Ben replied, “Shut up, Bill, I’m in a meeting!”
Moral of the story:
No doubt, Ben was REALLY smart. But the question
is do we need to be so aggressive and inconsiderate?
0 comments:
Post a Comment